Friday, October 19, 2007

New desk

Since I have been going to doctor's appointments pretty regularly, my mother has been riding my back about missing work.. "don't get fired!" "You need the money!" "Why can't you just go to work?"
Well.. she finally nagged me about it so much that I started worrying about it. What if they did fire me for missing days? etc...
Today when I went into work, I found that some "restructuring" had happened while I was away. Until now, I have had no permanent desk (they were all taken), and I "floated" to whatever desk was available at the time. They have decided now to have several people work from home, so that I have my own desk!! I'm so excited! (that should show you what a nerd i am!)
Also, my boss came in to see how I was feeling. I told him that I was better, but that my back was still a little sore. He wanted to know if my chair was ok, if it was going to be ok for me to sit in it all day.
I told him yes, but unfortunately, I was going to have to leave early today, too. I had another dr's appointment.
He looked at me and said "I knew before I hired you that you had medical issues (I had listed them on my resume, stating that I would have multiple medical appointments) and would be going to the doctor. Don't worry about it. We all pitch in when you're gone, same as you do when others are gone." Then he gave me a "peace" sign and walked away.
The peace sign was a little strange, but you have to know my boss. He said the perfect thing to me.
Thank God for understanding people!!

1 comment:

Anneatheart said...

Yea Nerds! See, I told you he would be fine with your missing work :)