Friday, October 19, 2007

Every day is an adventure...

Wednesday I had a lumbar puncture done at the hospital. After the procedure, I was in the radiology prep area, and the lights went out. Apparently there had been some kind of short in the wiring, because they said it was going to take at least 3 hours to get the lights back on. It was dark. and hot. and the medication was locked up with an electronic lock ( i.e. no pain medication). I was supposed to lay on my back there for at least 3 hours. I had been there about 3 minutes when the power went off.
It would not have been quite as bad, I don't think, if it were not for the surrounding sounds. I could hear doctors rescheduling and releasing other patients. And the patient next to me, an elderly lady by the sound of it, kept coughing, sounding like she was about to throw up. And then she did... and I heard it hit the floor. About that point, I decided that it was time for me to go home. At least at home there was air conditioning, tylenol, and tv.

No comments: