Ok.. well. Where to start?
I don't have a profile yet, so I suppose we'll start with the basics. I am 25 years old. There now I have at least one solid fact that I can work with.
My life has been.. well.. adventurous would be a nice word.
To tell the whole story would take a lot more space and time than i am willing to give right now, so I will try to hit only the highlights (or lowlights, as it were).
Today is Oct 18, which means that it has been one year and two days since i started my new life.
Since I was about 17, I had a drug problem that eventually escalated into a crack addiction, complete with homelessness, prostitution, loss of family, husband, home, job, etc.
Not fun.
After many bouts of inpatient, outpatient, therapy, medication, meetings, support groups, etc... I was still addicted, and the problem continued.
Last year, on Oct. 16, I finally found the one way to beat the addiction. Salvation through Jesus Christ.
This was not something that came naturally to me. I had spent many years running from religion, trying out alternative religions, etc. I was wiccan, buddhist, atheist.. blah blah blah.
And none of them ever did me one bit of good.
My best friend since Jr. High was a Christian, and I remember many times when we were younger telling her not to preach at me.
Boy, the tables have turned now.
I started attending church, I got a job, I rented a new house (which happens to be next door to the above-mentioned best friend's parents.)
I now have a new job, due to a medical issue I will discuss later.
However, although i have slipped and stumbled a few times, I have never been happier, more confident, more at peace, than I have been since my eyes were opened to God.
I have a hunger for the living Word, the Bible, Jesus, worship, and fellowship with other Christians.
I was baptized on Sept. 16, 2007, and became a new person.
That was the first day of the rest of my life!
See the next post for medical issues....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I can't believe I'm reading these words written by you. Sniff, sniff...
Just remember, ALL things are possible for Him- just look at you!
Post a Comment